Are all serrapeptidase supplements the same?
There are significant differences in serrapeptidase products. Potency, aborption, and results can vary widely. Serrapeptidase enzymes are naturally very unstable and can lose their efficacy very rapidly. However, Serra-Peptidase For Life is highly effective due to the following:
- The Serrapeptidase utilized in Serra-Peptidase For Life is a proprietary serrapeptidase preparation that has been developed through 30 years of production experience. This production process isolates a serrapeptidase enzyme that is highly potent, is able to deliver rapid effects through enhanced absorption characteristics, is extremely stable, and is derived from non-animal, non-GMO source.
- The serrapeptidase granules are micro-encapsulated with an enteric coating, to protect them from premature dissolution in the stomach. Some products are designed with an enteric-coated capsule, but do not micro-encapuslate the serrapeptidase granules. These enteric-coated capsules may not fully dissolve in the intestinal tract, hindering absorption. However, the micro-encapsulated Serra-Peptidase For Life granules are designed for full dissolution in the intestinal tract, and complete absorption of the serrapeptidase enzymes into the bloodstream. This ensures rapid results for patients.
- No magesium stearate or any other fat-soluble flowing agents are used during the encapsulation process, as these affect enzyme uniformity and impede absorption.
- Vegetable-derived Vcaps Plus™ capsules offer superior disintegration for fast onset and full utilization of the enzyme contents, and superior oxygen impermeability for high enzyme stability. This further enhances potency.
Serra-Peptidase For Life has been formulated to be equivalent to the optimal average dose of 40,000 IU in each capsule, allowing for superior dosage modulation.
How does serrapeptidase work?
Serrapeptidase reduces inflammation in three ways:
- Breaks down the insoluble protein by-products of blood coagulation known as fibrin.
- Thins the fluids formed from inflammation or injury and facilitates their drainage, accelerating the tissue repair process.
- Alleviates the pain associated with inflammatory processes by inhibiting the release of specific pain-inducing amines known as bradykinin.
Serrapeptidase dissolves non-living tissue (blood clots, cysts, inflammation), and the residue is either converted into nutrients that the body can use, or is excreted from the body in the usual manner.
Who should use serrapeptidase?
If you have general conditions of pain or swelling, or use medications such as aspirin or NSAIDs, or have an inflammatory condition such as arthritis, sinusitis, fibrocystic breasts, or respiratory conditions, or you wish to prevent inflammatory conditions from developing, then using serrapeptidase can be of benefit to you. If you have cardiovascular disease it is prudent to discuss serrapeptidase with your physician. Serrapeptidase may also provide cardiovascular preventive benefits similiar to aspirin.
How much serrapeptidase should you use?
Adults: Take 1 capsule per day on an empty stomach, or as directed by a health care practitioner.
Recommended duration of use:
For swelling and pain reductions: Consult a health care practitioner for use beyond 7 days. For the reduction of ear, nose and throat infections; mucolytic enzyme: Consult a health care practitioner for use beyond 4 weeks.
Consult a health care practitioner if symptoms persist or worsen. If you have a gastrointestinal lesion/ulcer, are taking an anticoagulant/blood thinner, anti-inflammatory or antibiotic, or are having surgery, or are pregnant or breastfeeding, consult a health care practitioner prior to use. Hypersensitivity/allergy has been known to occur; in which case, discontinue use.
Why is the potency noted as IU or SU?
IU or SU can be used interchangeably for Serra-Peptidase For Life. So 40,000 IU (international unit) is 40,000 SU (serrapeptidase unit), but SU is specific to serrapeptidase.
Take Serra-Peptidase For Life on an empty stomach, or it will lose its effectiveness. An empty stomach means at least 1 hr before eating, or 1.5-2 hrs after eating. Take at least 1/2 hr before bedtime.